Crazy Life at the Hardy's

Life at our house has been a bit crazy lately. Since Alex's arrival, things have just seemed to turn upside down. Alex has brought us pure joy, but with him has come all kinds of illness. We have been sick with something every other week. First, from the antibiotics given to me during his birth, both he & I got thrush. Those were not exciting times. Next, everyone except Sam, Natalie, and Alex got a weird stomach bug/headache/fever virus. We were going to surprise my Grandma for Easter by going to visit her, but it is a good thing we decided not to because we would have had sick kids in the car.  No thanks! After that, Sam was working a ton , so to preserve my mobility, I was carrying Alex on me in his Baby Bjorn. What a huge mistake! I aggravated several nerves and muscles in my neck and shoulders and have had to visit the chiropractor several times to feel somewhat normal again and to stop the "pain headaches" I was getting from it all. Then, I got strep and an ear infection. They put me on antibiotics, only to give me and Alex thrush again. Last, and hopefully the last, I got mastitis from pumping in an attempt to take my wonderful daughter to concert that I had bought her tickets for at Christmas. I was trying to do something nice, and ended up sicker than a dog. This week we have been to 4 different doctors' appointments, including one for our indoor rabbit who ended up having ear mites. Poor thing, but Yuck! Craziness all around, and hoping life will be "normal" now.  I have to say though, My Kids ARE Wonderful! Even though our house is a huge mess, their bedrooms could use an overhaul, and we have eaten lunch and dinner out more in 9 weeks than I think I have in my life, they have been a saving grace. They always have helping hands to hold Alex, have made meals, planted gardens, completed piles of laundry, and been absolute saints when we have had to visit our doctors. I am so grateful for them and so happy they are mine! Life might be crazy, but I wouldn't trade it. One day we all will look back and laugh, "What great stories those days made!"

0 comments: