Our Florida Vacation Day 6 (It's so hard to say, "Goodbye!")


Today was our final day at Disney. The week has really flown by so--- fast. We planned to get up really early to head out to Animal Kingdom, but we had a bit of a crazy night, so we slept in a little.
Here's what happened:
In the middle of the night, I heard William crying. He was all the way across our condo, the furthest he could have been, but I could really hear him. I ran into the room he an Natalie were sharing and just laid on the bed next to him to try and calm him down. Next thing I know, Natalie was at the side of his bed and tells me she heard a loud THUNK. I look at William to ask him, and as I do so, I notice there is blood all over the upper portion of his bed. I PANICKED! I turned William's face to me to see that he is indeed bleeding from his nose. I picked him up and ran him to Sam & I's bathroom to look him over with Sam. William had obviously fell between the bed and the nightstand and most likely hit his nose and upper lip on the bed frame. He looked like we had beat him up. I felt so sorry for him, and knew that it must be pretty sore. So, we chose to leave the blood on his swollen nose and just wipe the other areas gently. After all the excitement was over, we ended up with William and Natalie in bed with us. At least they were super tired so neither of them moved!
When we finally woke up from our exciting night, we finished packing the last of our things and headed to the park. Not a single one of us had ever been to Animal Kingdom, so we were very excited to see what it was like.
Check out all the animals carved into this tree!
When all was said and done, we were not too impressed. We had invisioned Animal Kingdom being like a "Disney Zoo," but that it was not. There were really very few animals to see if you were walking. The areas where you could see animals were not laid out very well, so in many of them we could not see anything. The Jeep Safari was AWESOME, though, and we really enjoyed seeing all the beautiful animals being able to roam freely in their habitat. We also really enjoyed Rafiki's Planet Watch. William loved the train to get there and Brianna, Nate, and Natalie loved the educational aspects of it.
On our way to the Conservation Station(After Icecream!)
The best of all, however, were the shows!!! We saw the Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo-The Musical. They were spectacular. Those in themselves made Animal Kingdom well worth the visit. The costumes and set-ups were just amazing!
The Bald Eagle at the "Flights of Wonder" Show
We were sad it was our final day, but it was a teriffic end to a FANTASTIC vacation! We are so grateful that we were able to take this trip. It has been wonderful!

0 comments: